Disney Really Wants Avengers: Endgame for the Best Picture Oscar, Among a Few Other Nominations
It was only a little more than two months ago that Avengers: Endgame was announced as the highest grossing film in the history of films, with a record breaking $2.79 billion in sales, surpassing the previous record holder - James Cameron's Avatar by more than $500,000. Now, Disney is trying to achieve another milestone by pushing Avengers: Endgame to win the Best Picture award at the Oscar Awards 2020.
Inspired by last year's success of Black Panther being nominated for Best Picture, Disney is not stopping at one award - to be precise, they are crusading for a total of 12 nominations. Here is the full list of nominations that Disney is campaigning for:
- Best Picture
- Best Director - Anthony and Joe Russo
- Best Adapted Screenplay - Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely
- Best Cinematography - Trent Opaloch
- Best Film Editing - Jeffrey Ford, Matthew Schmidt
- Best Production Design - Charles Wood (Production Designer), Tonja Schurmann (Set Decorator)
- Best Costume Design - Judianna Makovsky
- Best Makeup & Hairstyling - John Blake, Janine Thompson, Brian Sipe
- Best Sound Mixing - Tom Johnson, Juan Peralta, John Pritchett
- Best Sound Editing - Shannon Mills, Daniel Laurie
- Best Visual Effects - Dan Deleeuw, Matt Aitken, Russell Earl, Dan Sudick
- Best Original Score - Alan Silvestri
Side note: It did however come as a bit of a shock that Disney decided to forego campaigning for Robert Downey Jr. in the Best Actor category. As superfans of RDJ, we can't help but wonder why.