WandaVision: What on Earth-199999? [SPOILERS]
What on Earth-199999 is going on?? That was my reaction after getting through the first two episodes of WandaVision a few days ago. But before we get to the details of the show, let’s first talk about how Marvel Studios has taken on something extraordinary. Everyone thought that Jon Favreau took a big risk in Iron Man when he hired Robert Downey Jr. as the main cast, but WandaVision, is something else. I mean, what exactly was that?
Initially, Marvel Studios intended for the release of Black Widow and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier to remind its audience about the greatness of the MCU before introducing WandaVision. But funny how things work, because we have suffered from an MCU drought for well over a year, and are reintroduced to the MCU with a really weird, and borderline freaky WandaVision.
So, what have we seen in the first two episodes of WandaVision? To start, it is a wonderfully done homage to olds chool, classic sitcoms. But here’s the thing - shiz don’t make any sense! Here’s a list of questions that will hopefully be answered by the end of the series.
- Why are Wanda and Vision in black & white?
- Why was the toy helicopter Iron Man’s gold and red and IN COLOUR?
- Why were Vision’s boss and wife glitching?
- Why was there a beekeeper crawling out of the sewage?
- Why were the numbers 6 missing from clocks?
- Why were there hexagons (6 sides) throughout the film?
- Why did the other characters seem completely out of their own control at times?
- What and where is Westview?
- Why was there a Stark Industries AND Hydra commercial, and with the same actors?
- Why were there instances of the symbol for S.W.O.R.D?
That’s ten questions for everyone to think about. We don’t have the answer, we sure do have our theories, but would rather hear yours. Feel free to share them with us.